My old town was reminded every morning and every evening as the sun rose and set of Gods love for us. The sun light would reflect of the mountains and light up the clouds. I miss this.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Going Beyond Superficiality Part 2

7.

7 is the number of hours of sleep I got on Friday and Saturday combined.

If you take away the lack of sleep it was an amazing weekend and God moved in big ways. We talked about having eyes to see. Every single message was challenging and refreshing. Worship was amazing and I saw kids in our youth group worship God like never before. It was evident that the Holy Spirit was there and that He was changing lives right before our eyes.

It was an awesome weekend to connect with my guys and to invest into their lives. At 12:30 Saturday night I woke all my guys up and had them get dressed warmly. I had them line up in single file and walk about a half a mile to the soccer field where I told them that they were all going to be men tonight as I grabbed a cow tongue out of a bag. I explained to them how I had not been impressed with their choice of words over the last two days and then I told them that we were going to play football with this cow tongue. They were all for it and they all participated and had a blast. Afterwards I shared some verses from the bible about how powerful the tongue is and then I had them circle up and say something while holding the cow tongue that they needed to work on to be a better man of God. I hope that this little activity will be engraved into their minds forever haha and that the next time they are tempted to use their tongue poorly they will think about how it makes God feel.

I was asked to run the power point and videos and stuff and it was weird for me because it was serving behind the scenes. I am so used to being up in front of people doing something, but that wasn't me this time. I guess it shows that God can use however He wants in specific situations. I really wanted to be up there worshiping with my guys and taking notes from all the sermons, but that wasn't what God wanted for me to happen and I know His plan is the perfect plan.

I can't wait for the retreat next year, but for now I am ready to see God do big things in people's lives right here in Hershey.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had an awesome time. I like how you got creative with the cow tongue. I am so happy that you all got blessed. Me and my sister go to a summer camp (Pilgrim Camp in Brant Lake, NY) and a lot of the time we go out at night to have lessons like that, and sometimes just to see the stars, that we rarely see at home. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm worried..what happened to your wonderful posts?
    They were so encouraging..and detailed w/ all that you did and how much you love Jesus. I miss reading them. Praying for you always..

    ReplyDelete