My old town was reminded every morning and every evening as the sun rose and set of Gods love for us. The sun light would reflect of the mountains and light up the clouds. I miss this.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mid Atlantic Orphan Summit

As I sit listening to Meredith Andrews I can't help, but think about this last weekend.

This past weekend was the Mid-Atlantic Orphan Summit at my church here in Hershey, PA and I went not expecting much to happen, but God had different plans for my life, my future, and my heart when I stepped into that conference.

I was a little late on Friday evening, but I was right on time to see Eileen Mestas speak and she is all I needed to speak. She just simply shared her story that God is the amazing author of. She talked about how life for the Mestas family has been a struggle for many years, but there has been so much beauty out of this struggle. It speaks volumes of how God uses every situation to bring honor and glory to Him. The entire time God was speaking to me, telling me that He has big plans for my life and that I need to trust Him. I have been praying that God would stretch me and break me for what breaks Him and He used Mrs. Mestas to do that. I knew that there is an ever growing need for orphans, but it had never fully grabbed my attention. I had planned to adopt in the future, but it was never something that I put a whole lot attention on. My eyes were opened more than ever this past weekend.

In 2009 I was on a mission trip in Australia and God was speaking to me like never before. He had given me a very big heart for the less fortunate on this trip and He told me that He wants me to start an organization called Love Above All: Loving Others Like God Loves Us. My main focus was going to be homeless people, but then this past weekend God was like Nate my orphans are less fortunate too, what are you doing to help?  At this moment I knew that I had to care for the orphans too. I don't know how I am going to do this, but I know God is going to provide for me and He is going to direct my path.

I got to spend the rest of the weekend connecting with the Mestas family. The little ones (Josiah, Jeremiah, James, Keren, and Keziah) were absolutely wonderful and couldn't have been more of a blessing on Saturday and Sunday. They were always smiling; at least until they became tired and the girls got cranky and the boy just fell asleep, but it was nice to bring out my inner child with them. I know that God will use them for big things. It was also nice to get to know Ellie and Solomon. Solomon's story is amazing and has touched many hearts. Just Google Solomon Mestas and you find him. I encourage you to read about his story, you might cry or you might smile, but I know it encourage you. Ellie's faith is amazing, I don't think I have ever met someone who loves Jesus so much. It was because of her that her family has the kids they have today. If God wouldn't have used Ellie in the past the way He has I wouldn't have got to meet them and my heart for the orphan could just be as mediocre as it was last week.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,
    Wow from what I read God has been working very much in your life! My church doesn't go on a lot of missions to other countries and sometimes I wish we would go on more. I was looking for someone who liked the movie To Save A Life and your page came up ( thats how I found you) Me and my twin sister are sponsoring an orphan in Orissa, India. God Bless You!!

    ReplyDelete